Thursday 5 April 2007

My Day

What a day, the job's actually becoming enjoyable, I hope I'm not jinxing it, but Janet is no longer irrational, the afternoon kids are controllable and my kindy kids are.. just.. dunno, I'll get there, they give me plenty to laugh about. And I guess that my las class of the day the kids didn't turn up, fuck yeah
Today just after lunch I was trying to explain to my Kindy about family, so i got them to draw their families, not an easy task, but hilarious. Bear in mind when reading that I'd drawn up my family in stickish figures and explained Mother, Father, Bradteacher, brother, brother, brother, Family 1,2,3,4,5,6. And we've covered it several times in the last few weeks, so they know what it is.
Now Rufus is reasonably smart, I explain it to the class wander for 30 sec, come see Rufus, he's drawing a dinosaur, hmmm, luckily after one try he scribbles four humanesque figures.
Hmm a dinosaur i the family awesome.

Now there's Charlie, he's right next to me so he gets the best explanation, draw mother, draw father, draw charlie, come back 2 min later. He says"Tank" and he's drawn a tank, good Charlie but it's supposed to be your family, Ok, so he can be a little hard to explain to, so I turn the paper over write Charlie and indicate draw yourself, then I wrote father, mother. Go help another kid, he comes up to me a couple of minutes later, "Tank", and yes he's drawn me another tank. Take him back give him another piece of paper, draw Charlie, draw mother, draw father. Then I took the pencil drew a circle, say Charlie's happy, and I drew some eyes and mouth, happy Charlie, now you finish charlie. Come back again and guess what "tank." Hmmm so i turn that over and draw three figures, so you colour them in. Come back again, and the three figures are part of, you guessed it, a tank. Move on.



Fastforward to the end of the colouring, I'm going round getting them to explain, it goes "(insert students name), mother, father, sister/brother" I get to Charl Hee Lee,
Ok so who's this, "Father" and this "mother", this "brother", ok so who's this "father"....ummm
So who's this (point to "Father"), "Father" and this "other father", and I have to stifle a laugh, awesome.
Though I hafta say, Ann's was the best
"Mother, Ann, Snowman"

And done

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.