Thursday 20 December 2007

Korea's new President



If only Aunt Helen would start brandishing samurai swords maybe we can do great things.
In related news on Sunday (before the election) I was on the other side of Seoul at my Korean language exchange and on the way in we passed this big intersection (6ish lanes) and on the opposite corner there was a troupe of 30 odd identically dressed dancers dancing to promote the candidate, it was absolutely amazing, and I'm ashamed I don't have proof.
Thing was, on the way out on another corner of the same intersection were another troupe (this time in blue, the first one's were in Orange) doing another dance to another song. At this time we were with a couple of Koreans and asked them what was going on. I asked whether they get paid or are they volunteers. Their answer was that they're volunteers but if their candidate wins they get lots of money. Awesome.


And on a final note, I have to say it's weird a week before Xmas and I have no Xmas shopping to do, I usually haven't started yet.

Wait, one more final note, I need help with my poll. (Copy-Pasted from iamaelephant)

Ok so I have a week off next week, my best mate here is in the US, my girlfriend is working it, and there are daily highs of 0 degrees so I needed something creative to do.
I have decided to watch the entire back catalogue of the Bond movies, but I've come to a dilemma which I think can be solved by a good old fashioned poll.
Should I watch them chronologically in Movie release date or by book order?
Book order, would be awesome storywise but one of my mates reckoned this would be overshadowed by the loss of continuity of the social aspects around the films.

Whaddya think?

Book order or Movie order

All is well.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Just solve the dilemma by doing neither, watch them in completely random order

Antony and Kim said...

book

Sam said...

I too wish I taken some pics of the election madness.

Film order. No one cares about the books.