Wednesday 7 November 2007

Here's my story in MSN form, just for a change

Me: hi
Carloona: hi brad!
Me: you wouldn't believe my evening
Carloona: try me anyway
Me: Well, i finished work, and me Dave and Birgie went to Costco
Carloona: ok, so far believable
Me: so we get there and Dave decides to chill on the first floor looking at a new camera, and I wait with him
Me: anyway this has nothing to do with the story, Birgitta goes home
Carloona: still believable
Me: me and dave finish shopping have some dinner and head to the subway unnecessary overladen
Carloona: don't tell me you guys left your stuff on the subway
Me: so we're standing there and I check my pockets and wonder where my entire paycheck in cash is
Carloona: oh god
Me: after a frantic tearing through my stuff I realize it ain't anywhere there
Carloona: oh my god
Me: so I just leave everythin strewn next to the train with Dave and start sprinting, up outta there, outta the subway and off down the street, scanning and running.
Me: Eventually I realise I don't recognise anything so I assume I went the wrong way so I cross the street and start running back in the other direction
Me: then I spot Costco, I had run right past and then kept going about twice the distance again
Me: I dash across the 6 lane road
Me: and run into Costco
Me: the front gate is chained up and the staff are cleaning up
Carloona: and did you find it?
Carloona: aaaaaaaaaaaah
Me: Im looking at the bottoms of all the trolleys, and I run into the bathroom, not anywhere there
Me: so i run to the front desk and ask "English?"
Me: and she replies "Englishee"
Carloona: good enough
Me: apparently she doesn't she grabs the nearest guy, he speaks about the same English as my Winnies class
Me: I'm like I was just shopping here, I had a white Shittibank envelope with a lot of money in it
Me: and he looks at me half blankly and grabs the phone and starts calling around
Carloona: oh god
Me: about 4 or 5 calls later he passes me the phome
Me: and a guy says hi, I explain whats happened and he's like okay, put me back on with my staff member
Me: so I do, they talk for thirty seconds
Me: and he gets out from behind his desk, I'm like what
Me: and he says something something elevator, and I have no idea so I follow him
Me: We go to the goods elevator which subsequently takes the longest 20 sec of my life to drop one floor
Me: He waves and yells at some guy and we go into the office where some guy is crawled under the desk reaching into their safe,
Carloona: ....!
Me: part 2 will cost you 39.95
Me: plus gst
Carloona: gst?
Me: silly americans
Carloona: phft.
Me: anyway, he comes out with my envelope and I almost kiss him, they ask for the normal, my name number and how much is in there
Me: fucken stoked
Carloona: jesus fucking christ brad.
Me: 1.7m won
Carloona: JESUS FUCKING CHRIST.
Carloona: tell me please you'll never be that BONEHEADED again
Me: pretty intense huh
Carloona: yah. and I wasn't even there

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWESOME! Now that only leaves the question of

Who is "Not Me?"

anderchris said...

Lucky break man

Carloona said...

As your 'not me' let me just say that you are lazy and I feel slightly used.

Brad said...

You had to ruin it didn't you, I so had everything believing that I was just being adventurous in my writing

Sam said...

what i find most amazing about the story is that there isn't a random gap of about 3 hours in the middle of the convo where you disappeared for no reason...

Brad said...

Actually there was, but it was at the start so I edited it out