Thursday 31 May 2007

The Departed

Ohk so I watched The Departed last night, ridiculously rave reviews and everything, I was doing other things at the same time so I didn't pay full attention (good ole tv out), but I thought it was pretty good, but I should probably watch it again.
I just have one niggle
Where the fuck did Mark Wahlberg go for the last third of the movie?
It seems like he would have made a lot of difference to the outcomes
Such an important character, but he kinda just disappeared, I wikipedia'd it and worked out that he'd been put on paid leave, but that's a pretty pathetic excuse, everyone knows that cops on leave work even harder than before, not just disappear completely
WTF?
I'm currently downloading the original to see if they have a better excuse.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The original movie, Infernal Affairs, doesn't have the equivalent of Mark Wahlberg's character.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sam said...

I love it how he disappears, we forget about him and assume he's gone from the movie, and then he comes out of nowhere and BLAM BLAM there's Matt Damon's blood splattered on the wall. Fucken awesome. What a masterpiece.