Tuesday 24 April 2007

Out of Seoul

On Sunday, I got out of Seoul for the first time since I've been here, me, Dan and Oona went out to our masters place to talk some English with his kid and eat a ridiculously sized homecooked Korean meal. So I've put a coupla photos, they're nothing too special, there's a couple I like.

Randomly the place he lived was an old Korean village thingee but across the road was a country club, these two photos show opposite sides of the river.




One of the mountains, sadly it ws overcast and I haven't quite worked out Lightroom properly, though it caught quite a cool shot



And this photo is nothing special but it just came out really well, showing off my camera yeah, you probably wanna look at a larger version.



Click here to see the full album

2 comments:

iamaelephant said...

Do you shoot in RAW format? Some of your pictures a just a touch under exposed, if you have the RAW files (.nef extension on Nikons, I think) try bumping the EV up to maybe +0.25 - +0.5. It's probably because you're metering with a lot of the bright sky in the frame - do you use matrix metering? Your camera is a D80 right?

Other than that they look pretty nice. I really like number 6, is that in the village?

I'm so jealous of your cam :( I'm going to start saving for either a D80 or 350D/400D as soon as I get a job.

Brad said...

No I don't shoot in RAW, maybe I should start, my camera can definitely hold it, but I'm not sure if my computer has the space, that and I don't think Ihave a program for editing RAW, I generally have just been using Lightroom.
Yip, I"m on matrix metering, but I don't really play around with exposure settings while I'm shooting, I only really worked out how to do it properly cos u mentioned it.
I keep meaning to do some reading up cos I don't really know much about photography yet, but I'll get there, any suggestions are welcome.
Oh and it's a D70