Friday 13 April 2007

My heavy metal experience

Now this is barely even a cultural difference but I almost laughed.
I was teaching my last class yesterday, it consists of two teens, and one of them wasn'y there, so it was just two of us, and this class is a whole lot longer than it needs to be, so I've always got like 15 odd minutes at the end where I'm just supposed to chat with them in English.
So i ask him what kinda music he listens to, and he says "heavy metal". So I grab a piece of paper and explain I'm trying to find some Korean heavy metal for a friend back home, and can he name me some Korean heavy metal bands. Sadly he says there aren't really any, he listens to English heavy metal, damn, well I'll keep trying. Now being an ex-metal lover (I had a phase) I thought maybe I can have a chat to him about it so I ask him what kinda bands does he like.
Answer: Linkin Park, well there goes that out the window, on pressuring he also mentions Bon Jovi, he explains that his parents hate him listening to this heavy metal.
Roooaaarrrr!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oh yes, super heavy that is. play him some cannibal corpse or opeth or lamb of god to him and see how that goes down hahaha