Thursday 17 January 2008

Slowly getting there

Not long to go, am slowly chugging through the things I need to do.
So it was my birthday a week ago, was good, thanks to all those who dropped me a line (I'm looking at you Cameron, I still haven't heard anything from you.)
I finally got my written acceptance to Med School, allays my last fears.
Had a nice dinner on my birthday, and on the Saturday went all out, an all you can eat and drink restaurant (beer, wine, spirits...Only in Korea) with everybody I know in Korea, sadly we all fitted at one table, albeit a giant 20 pax one. I got way too drunk and had to be dragged home by my all too fantastic girlfriend (Sorry again). I remember most of the night, eating way too much, going to a bar to see Nick's band playing, being given Nunchaku by Seongbe, then going to a Norebang, feeling ill, throwing up and then poking my head into every room trying to find which one was ours.
Strangely I felt pretty good the next morning.

As I said my to-do list is steadily getting longer but luckily I'm crossing things off about as fast as I'm putting them on. My flights home are fine, still working on intra-Thailand travel.
Just got another box of stuff to send, my bags gonna be empty at this rate.

On the vein of organizing travel, I did something yesterday which made me realize I'm turning into my Mom. I was on the Thai Air site trying to book a flight back to Bangkok from Koh Samui, and for some reason there was a super-deal if I wanted to take a 6am flight on the 9th (it was like half price) so I started booking it and filled in all the details but when I finalized it, it said that there was an error so try again. So I did, and the flight had sold out, my fucking luck, thats obviously why the ticketing didn't work. However, I found the contact email and sent them a story about how I was booking a flight and their server malfunctioned and I lost my awesome price. Mentioning how it shouldn't cost me 60bucks extra because of a mistake on their end (utter bull) I politely asked if they could offer it to me at the original discounted price anyway.
Hi Mom.
Anyway, he emailed me and turns out it was just a temporary problem, and there were actually still seats left. But by then I had decided to take the train.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You do know that your Mom reads your blog??

Brad said...

Yes Mom I do