Tuesday 8 January 2008

Last Throes of 22

As I sit here, drinking a Kahlua-spiked smoothie and watching American Gladiators I reflect on my last year and realize I don't have too much to show for it. I've made some amazing friends, had some really fun times but have come out the other end at least 3 years older, tireder and with a realization that some people don't deserve to be given the benefit of the doubt, did I mention with a touch more cynicism.
It is my first birthday away from home, however it's also my first birthday in a relationship.
Anyways, half an hour to go in Korea. (I'm already 23 in NZ)
And I will leave you with a picture of the bathroom of the bar I spent my New Years in.
It doesn't quite do it justice as there was in fact more around the corner.

2 comments:

Carloona said...

You forgot to mention that you now lack a strong grasp of your native language: 'tireder'? Really? Tsk, unpossible.

Brad said...

Pffft, if there's one thing I've learnt on this trip is that English is in no way fixed, and that inpossible is just a word