Tuesday 29 January 2008

"Brad Teacher No Go New Zealand"

The most heart-wrenching 6 words coming out of Kate's mouth (she's the picture to the right) coupled with a running jump slash hug.
So it turns out the news of my departure didn't actually go over their heads.
This morning, first thing as I walk in the door, Kathy hands me a piece of paper with the words 'Brad Teacher email'. Two minutes later I get the same request from Ann on a blank piece of paper. And then half an hour Kate does the jump slash hug.
My girls are really gonna miss me.
Later on, I asked Kate if she wanted to come back to NZ with me, she then explained in her English that when she gets bigger she is going to come to my house. Kathy wants to come too.

As much as I can't wait to get the fuck out of here, there are a few kids I'm gonna really really miss. And it's gonna be so sad, they're like my own at this point, surrogate little cousins, i guess.
It's good to know they're gonna remember me, at least for a little while...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So does 'Brad Teacher' give his email out to his kindy kids?

Antony and Kim said...

aww... that is so cute