Monday 5 March 2007

My Pimp Stack


Oh Yeah, look at my pimp stack, got my month’s salary and I ain’t got no bank account yet so … pimp stack. That’s a NZ $2 coin next to it for size, sadly the bottom mill is tied so it isn’t as high as it could be, all up that’s 1.75million yeah.

Had a great 10-6.45 day at work today, I think that’s gonna be kinda standard for a while, Christ. Met my kindergarteners, yip they don’t know a word of English, actually most of them could say hello, so I can shape into my own image mwahaha, that and I can name whatever I want, sadly I wasn’t even remotely ready, so the names are not as fun as I could have hoped. So out of my 11, David had decided his name, so I got to name 10, I’ve got an Atticus, a Roger, a Rufus, Ann and somehow a Tane, oh yeah, Maori names. Sadly my pick for Gertrude (wearing all pink and in pigtails) didn’t like the idea, in fact she didn’t like any f the fifty odd names I threw at her, eventually when he parents came in, they decided her name is Jina, cos that’s so much better. Also, my pick for Monteith decided he didn’t like that name either, I can’t remember what he did end up with, but Monteith would have been better, apparently I can get new students at any time, so the next boy and girl are gonna love being Gertrude and Monteith. Didn’t teach them today sadly, it’s going to be an interesting class.

The feud between Janet and Johnny erupted a little today when she told him to get a brain, and as he left he muttered Shut up, then they had their sitdown and she gave him a month, awesome. She actually pulled me aside after work and tried to ask me about it, and after quite a few ‘I really don’t wanna be a part if this’s she gave up WTF. Considering she started one conversation with, you seem to be a good teacher despite being cold (after inquiring, this was towards her, I didn’t think I was cold to the children would have been bad to hear otherwise), and telling me I’m teaching the best class, and she didn’t want to have made a mistake (man this woman has tact), this is a compliment apparently.

For my last class of the day, where I have 13/14yo, I had a girl who didn’t have an English name, I was stumped, I can’t give her a stupid name cause she’s not stupid, and I can’t give her a friend or family name or hot name cos she looked a little like a female Oddjob (she wasn’t horrible, it’s just what I saw in her) with little kids you don’t know if they’re attractive or not, well to a degree, but with 13/14 yo they’re developed the majority of their form.
I got to the end of the class and I told her I’ll have one by Wednesday, stumped.

And I'm sorry but now that I have nothing but good english speakers and non-english speakers i ain't gonna have childrens quotes that often, so I'll leave you with my quote of the day and the slogan on the icecream i bought today.
Me: (completely disorganised, trying to work out what I'm supposed to be doing)
Kid: 'Random question'?
Me: Don't worry, I'm awesome
Class: Genuine Laughter
Oh yeah, I'm a role model

And the icecream:
Together is made from real milk so you can feel soft and rich taste


EDIT: Also I have my address now so if you want it just gimme a buzz, i don't really wanna post it on here, Cheers

No comments: