Saturday 31 March 2007

Actual Update

Hey guys its been like over a week since I've actually posted anything substantial on this so I thought I'd post some actual information.
So in no particular order here is what I've been up to for the last week.

Last Sunday we went out to Insildong(sp?) for a wander, there's like a street/marketty thingy, apparently its got some awesome pottery and stuff, so wandered round, they had an awesoem stall, a guy was selling (possible faux) antiques and he had 3 sets of hookblade, think Kabal out of MK, type things, man if i was able to get some of those out, they looked cool.
After about an hour, we got disturbed by my first Korean protest, urprisingly enough over the Free Trade Agreement thing. So many people just walking, in case you didnt know Seoul (particularly the uni students) has some retty intense protests quite often, sometimes even developing into rioting.
We watched them for a while, until Dan just suddenly was like Ok guys, I think we should leave and quickly. Turns out he spotted a couple of anti-USA plaques in the midst, and just in case, we kinda just slipped away.(Nothing was going to happen but it's better to be safe)

The rest of my week was pretty much just work, I watched a weird movie, Pan's Labyrinth, it was good, you guys should give it a go sometime. And I also finally watched The Godfather properly for the first time.

Work was pretty standard, it was pretty heavy though, this week was report cards, so we had to work through all our breaks. Grrr

We got a new teacher on Friday, David, a Liverpudlian, he taught here last year and he's back for 6 months, seems like an awesome guy, got drunk with him last night, good old fridays. Galbi and Beer, and a couple of LIT's ahh the life.

Along with the new teacher came a complete new schedule, and I'm back to 6:30/6:45 finishes woot, and I don't have any low level afternoon classes anymore, which has its pros and cons, but generally its good to be able to talk to the students.

Well it's now 1pm on a Saturday, and I've done nothing all day, this post has taken like 2hours to write. In a couple of hours I'm off to buy a spanking new camera, a digital SLR, I'm looking at the Nikon 350D, possibly the Canon D50, the general 700k won, about NZ$1,000. Oh yeah, a fancy new toy.
Along with this I'll start posting some photos, might give this Picasa a go, I wonder how well it integrates, so far I've been a little underwhelmed with the extent that Google has intertwined their applications, considering I use pretty much all of them now, it's a little annoying.

Well anyway thats all for now
Bye All.

No comments: